Need Help Enrolling for Coverage?
The Healthcare Marketplace can be accessed at https://www.healthcare.gov/
Or you can call the Healthcare Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596
If you have questions about health care insurance and the Healthcare Marketplace, here are the best resources for people in the La Crosse area.
The open enrollment period for 2017 started on November 1, 2016 and ends on January 31, 2017.
In one of these categories? You can enroll all year.
- Eligible for Medicaid or have a child who is eligible for CHIP.
- A small business owner who wants to offer employees coverage.
- A Native American or Alaska Native.
You may be eligible to enroll in health insurance past the February 15th deadline if you:
- Recently married
- Had a child or adopted a child
- Had a change in immigration status
- Have been released from incarceration
- Received an exemption from the Marketplace but now have a higher income
- Lost health insurance coverage due to:
- Left or lost a job
- Moving into Wisconsin or from another part of Wisconsin
- Turned 26 and lost coverage on a parent's plan
- Lost eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP
You must act quickly! You have 60 days from the change in circumstance to sign up for health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace. You can find help here.